Monday, November 5, 2012

A gathering of Sci Fi Fans

This Sunday, the DFWCG hosted a Sci Fi fan meet up at Bryan Street Tavern in Dallas.  I want to thank everyone who came out and played with us.  We had a small, but fun group - around 10 in all.  We screened Cowboys and Aliens, then the Girl in the Fireplace episode of Doctor Who followed by the X Files pilot.

If you have never been to Bryan Street Tavern, let me tell you, it is a great little place.  They were excited to have us there and they were very helpful getting us set up for the screening.  The banquet room we were in had so much room and the large projection screen was great.  They have something for just about everyone on their food menu. And on nights when the party crowd isn't expected in any minute, they are friendly towards families wanting to come in.  Over all, I am really glad that we picked this place to host our first meetup of this kind.

I hope everyone who came had as much fun as I did.  And I hope we can do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment